Saturday, September 15, 2007

well, i'm back from a long vacation of slothfullness....

178.18 down / 186.82 to go... (this is somewhat of an estimation cuz i really haven't logged my workouts all summer...until this week.)

i have been feeling very lethargic here lately. tired. exhausted. and mostly, fat. my "muffin top" as camille calls it is back. a.k.a. fat roll above the top of my pants. so i rejoined the ymca this week. i worked out tues and fri. and i felt a LOT better. i really think that exercise makes a difference.

i cancelled my ymca membership in april to save $. i worked out consistently with julia till she moved and then it all went downhill from there. i got very busy with the 2nd job and then extra hours at work. and it was so humid. i promised myself early on that i'd work out at home. i'd run/bike down the road, etc. but that rarely happened. i think for me, i need a gym membership. it's an accountability thing. it's more structured so i stick with it better. plus, it's not humid on the treadmill....so i can't use that excuse. anyways, as of last weekend i realized that i'd reached a low point. i haven't really gained any weight back, but it has all reproportioned itself from muscle back to fat. i look like i've gained 10 lbs, in my opinion. and david's too, apparently, cuz he made several comments about how i ought to go to the ymca again....

anyways, it feels good to be back on track.

and i think i just broke my printer....so i better go work on that....

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Hi Katie, thanks for stopping by my homemaking blog, and for your input on my discussion on meal planning. Great tips. I think I need to just force myself not to go grocery shopping until I have a plan. Loved your idea about cooking with what you have to cut your budget :) Thanks again!!

www.jenniskitchen.com